Image Map

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Showcase Sunday #8


Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Books, Biscuits, and Tea, inspired by Pop Culture Junkie and The Story Siren. Its aim is to highlight our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders each week.


Well, I can't say I wasn't excited for September - a lot of good books are coming out this month, and I bought way more than I should. Oh, well.



Origin, by Jessica Khoury
Archangel's Storm, by Nalini Singh
The Dark Light, by Sara Walsh

I finally got a copy of Origin - I've been dying to read this book. The setting is what attracts me most in this novel. I mean, come on! Amazon jungle! \o 
Nalini Singh is an awesome writer, and I fell in love with her Guild Hunter series. Now, however, each book in the series is about a different angel, and I don't like that. The first three books were about Elena and Raphael, and I still wish she'd keep writing about them. I'm not overly enthusiastic about Archangel's Storm, but you never know!
The Dark Light sounds so good (also... hot cover). 


And last, but totally not least, Tiger's Destiny, by Colleen Houck. Words cannot describe how excited I am to read this book. The Tiger's Curse series is fantastic, and I cannot wait to see what's going to happen in the fourth installment.

What about you? Leave me a link, or just tell me in the comments!

9 comments:

  1. I was a big fan of the Tiger's Curse series, but then stopped reading it for some reason. I need to get back to those books one day! I grabbed The Dark Light recently too after a few good reviews. Doesn't it have a great cover? ;)

    Amazing haul, Beatriz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the Tiger's Curse series only gets better and better, Sam. I really hope you get back to it :D And yes, The Dark Light has a lovely cover!

      Delete
  2. I've heard so much about Origins that I definitely need to check it out and I agree that being set in the amazon sounds interesting! I haven't heard about the Tiger's Curse series but will definitely need to look it up! Hope you enjoy all of your new books! :)

    -Becca@Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/showcase-sunday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Tiger's Curse is a fantastic series. I hope you'll read it in the future :D

      Delete
  3. Origin seems really good! :D I read a sampler of it as part of BEA Buzz Books and omg. Super excited to read your review of Origins! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks! Can you believe I haven't read a sample of it yet? It just sounds so interesting I bought it without reading it o.O

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I love the cover for Origin! The summary for it sounds good too - can't wait to read it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiger's Curse is a series I've yet to discover, but I've heard such great things...it's a real incentive for me to get through the books in my reading stack so I can finally see what everyone's talking about! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh, so much awesome :D Cannot wait to see what you think of Origin :D I loved it so much, as you know. <3 And Tiger's Destiny. I have ordered it (A) even though I still haven't started this series.. but I do own all four books now, and I do want to read them someday. :) Hope you enjoy everything :D
    Love, Carina

    ReplyDelete