Image Map

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #14

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week, I'm anticipating:



Origin, by Jessia Khoury
Publication date: September 4th 2012
Add it on Goodreads 

Pia has grown up in a secret laboratory hidden deep in the Amazon rain forest. She was raised by a team of scientists who have created her to be the start of a new immortal race. But on the night of her seventeenth birthday, Pia discovers a hole in the electric fence that surrounds her sterile home—and sneaks outside the compound for the first time in her life.

Free in the jungle, Pia meets Eio, a boy from a nearby village. Together, they embark on a race against time to discover the truth about Pia’s origin—a truth with deadly consequences that will change their lives forever.

Origin is a beautifully told, shocking new way to look at an age-old desire: to live forever, no matter the cost. This is a supremely compelling debut novel that blends the awakening romance of Matched with the mystery and jungle conspiracy of Lost.






I'm so lame. So, so lame. You guys have no idea. When I first heard about this book, it looked good, and the cover was beautiful.. and then, when I read the synopsis like, two days ago, and I found out it's set in the Amazon jungle, my reaction was like this, I swear:

 

So yes, I'm basically looking forward to reading Origin - crazy to read it, actually - because of its setting. I mean, seriously, the Brazilian Amazon jungle? I just have to check that out. Also, the premise is very interesting :D

What about you? What are you guys looking forward to, this week? Tell me in the comments or leave me a link!

10 comments:

  1. Umm yes!!! I'm looking forward to this one as well! The comparison to "Lost," is what really drew me in. :D

    Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this looks really good. Need to add to my list. Thanks for stopping by!

    Old follower.

    Ensconced in YA
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This on my TBR list. It sounds awesome doesn't it?!? Great pick.. :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=2972

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I've been wanting this one for a while now. It sounds absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sound of this book! The cover is fantastic too. Great pick, Beatriz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover of this one too! I actually have it, so I'm excited to start it! I'll let you know what I think of it when I'm finished with it! ;) Amazing pick this week, Beatriz! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing! I like the sound of Origins too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen this one around a lot but this is the first time I've read the summary so I'm going to add this one to my to-read list. Great pick!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower. Excellent pick. I love the cover for this book as well. It sounds interesting. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Awesome pick :D I cannot wait for it either. <3 Sigh. Just hope it is as good as it sounds ;)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete