Image Map

Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Hunger Games movie review


It's here. The Hunger Games movie is officially out, after months of waiting, of trailers, new stills, rumors... And it's a phenomenon already.

I decided to write a movie review on it, because honestly, after watching it last night, it's like my chest is about to explode with the excitement. And I need to put my feelings out. So what better to do it than writing it down, right?

The movie was way more than I thought it would be. The districts (especially District 12) was just like I imagined. Jennifer Lawrence, and Josh Hutcherson, were perfect as Katniss and Peeta. They had an incredible chemistry, and some scenes, (ahem, the cave scene) were a treat of their own because of the actors.

Jennifer Lawrence managed to keep to herself without looking like a Mary Sue. Katniss was quiet, thoughtful, and still fierce as hell. Jennifer balanced those two sides of her personality fairly well. (And she has facial expression! Amen!)

Josh... Ah, no comments. I loved him as Peeta, that's all I'll say. His hair at the beginning of the movie, though, was weird. Too blond. (If that makes sense).

Some things bothered me a little, like the action scenes. The camera shook so much at some points that I had a hard time focusing on who was hitting who and what was going on. However, I think the directors wanted us to feel the scene like Katniss did. Which makes sense, but is confusing when you're watching the movie.

Cesar's comments about the Games were entertaining. Since in the books we don't get to know what was going on in the Districts while Katniss is in the arena, these comments and flashes were welcomed. 

My favorite part, I have to admit, is the cave scene. Ironically, that's my favorite part of the book as well, but come on... Katniss and Peeta's first kiss is fantastic. (And the whole theatre yelled and cheered yesterday, when they kissed, which was pretty cool).

I'm going to make this review very brief. Overall, I loved the movie, the subtle changes they made, the actors, the special effects... it was very realistic and loyal to the books.

What about you, how do you feel about the Hunger Games movie? Did you like it, love it, hate it? What are your favorite parts?
Catching Fire will only come out in November/2013. Yes, 2013. We have a long waiting in front of us!

1 comment:

  1. It will be a crazy long wait till the next film! But hopefully it will be worth it. ;)

    I loved the film too! I was actually very pleasantly surprised by Josh as Peeta. I'll admit that I was among the few who weren't too thrilled about the casting, but I eat my thoughts now. He was amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete